AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F for 2018 as well as their other plans are fantastic choices when it comes to choosing an insurance carrier for your coverage. The plans are actually insurance by United Healthcare insurance company and for years they have been committed to providing outstanding client service to seniors throughout the country. The largest health carrier in the country, United Healthcare is a division of UnitedHealth Group.
It has been their mission for many years to provide quality and effective health care for as many people as possible. The goal was to create products and services for health care that were affordable, as well as provide easy access to those benefits. Through the use of technology they have helped make navigating through the health care system easier for seniors and people under 65 alike.
Their health care system and network is incredibly vast, including over 661,000 physicians and health care professionals. As well, their network includes 80,000 dentists and over 5000 hospitals. Prescription drug coverage is offered on many levels through AARP.
The A.M. Best rating for United Healthcare is A (Excellent) and they offer outstanding coverage when it comes to their Medigap Plans.
Anyone wishing to obtain an AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F 2018 Must:
- Have enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B by the effective date of the plan
- Be a resident in the state that they are applying for their coverage
- Be AARP members
Anyone who is outside of an open enrollment or a guaranteed issue period will be denied coverage for the following reasons:
- If they have End Stage Renal Disease
- It has been recommended by a medical professional that they get treatment for cancer, joint replacement, organ transplant, back or spine surgery, heart or vascular surgery, or be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient
- If they are diagnosed with Kidney disease that might require them needing dialysis
- Anyone who is currently receiving dialysis
- The beneficiary had been admitted to a hospital within the past 90 days
Anyone within an open enrollment period or a guaranteed issue period may apply for coverage and cannot be denied. Certain plan letters only apply to those within a guaranteed issue period. Check with us to see which plans you qualify for during these times. These periods include situations such as:
- Anyone over the age of 65 who already has had Part B Medicare in place for over 6 months and is coming off an employer group health plan
- People who have moved out of their prior coverage area and it is no longer available (Whether it was a Medicare Supplement plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan)
- Those who are losing Medicaid through no fault of their own
If you are in an open enrollment period which lasts 6 months from the time your effective date of Part B Medicare you may apply for an AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F in 2018 and cannot be denied coverage. Keep in mind that Plan F pays 100 percent of the gaps in Medicare, therefore this is a great choice for anyone looking to easily budget for their medical expenses while on Medicare.
Shop and Compare Top Plans Instantly
Enter Zip Code